Enjoy your feast tomorrow – remember to keep it safe.
- Always keep hot foods hot – above 140 degrees and cold foods cold, below 40 degrees F.
- Don’t partially cook meat, poultry or fish and complete the cooking the next day.
- Best to bake the stuffing separate from the turkey.
- Refrigerate leftovers promptly and reheat to at least 165 degrees F.
- If eating at a restaurant and want to take left-overs home, refrigerate within two hours.
- Be especially careful when taking home meats, egg products and dairy foods as these foods become easily infected with bacteria.
- Be sure to reheat leftovers to 165 degrees before eating them.
- Never taste any food that looks or smells questionable.